11/4/13

Reviving the blog

So I suddenly decided the other day to write a post again after a long while, I've also been encouraged to keep going by this post: http://www.cassandrapages.com/the_cassandra_pages/2013/11/nablowrimo.html

Apparently, it's National Blog Writing Month.  There are some amazing blogs out there, though I don't follow as many as I used to.  I tend to go through aggregators (Digg or Feedly or somesuch, ever since Google bowed out of that game), which I realise makes me miss out on comments and such.  It's nice to visit each page - it's like going on a social call.

Some of my favourites (in alphabetical order):

The Archdruid Report - a blog about the future of industrial society, or the lack of one
Cassandra Pages - art, poetry, writing, montrĂ©al, among many other things
Henry David Thoreau - excerpts from HDT's journals
Hermit's Thatch - reflections on the solitary life
Magnus Incognito - a friend of mine whose interests are wide-ranging
Renfusa - another friend of mine - great way to become fascinated about new things
Via Negativa - "a personal web log with delusions of grandeur"
Whiskey River - a commonplace book
Zen Habits - "finding simplicity in the daily chaos of our lives"

I'm not really sure why I'm blogging, but even if it's just to serve as a release for my creative impulses, then that's good enough.  At least I'm in good company.

2 comments:

Mary Alexandra Agner said...

I'm happy to see you revived your blog!

dax said...

Thanks so much! I've really enjoyed pantoum.org over the years, too.