3/21/08

Boox!

So these are the little beauties sitting on my shelf. I used to have a lot more, but I, unlike many other bibliophiles, found that I was quite able to part with books. Maybe moving every year had something to do with it. Or maybe moving in with L & M back in '99 did it. They were able to move all their belongings in a few trips in a VW bug (an old one!), whereas I needed like three trips with a U-Haul van.

So I pared down. Maybe a little too hastily at times. There are a few books I miss, but I do live in a part of the world where I’m never too far from a library.

This is what’s left. I have read every book I own (except for the four I’ve acquired in the last month). It took years. There are a few I’ve been looking forward to re-reading, but most of them are just kind of sitting there. And it’s become less a matter of them taking up space than a matter of letting someone else have a turn at reading them.

In other news, yesterday was the first day of spring. I decided to stroll along the river at lunchtime the other day, for the first time in a long time. Everything I could see was a watery sort of blue-grey.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that's a super picture. all of the gray-blue hues go together like a sad, depressed van gogh potato-eater family.