4/15/08

Daffodil morning

I've been watching the new North Point Park in Cambridge emerge over the last several years. It's tucked away behind the Museum of Science Bridge at the very eastern tip of Cambridge - you can see it when you are on the train to Lechmere. Last fall it looked finished, but they hadn't gotten all the rails up along the water.

Well, it's finally open and I'd been meaning to go and today I decided I had a few minutes before work started to make a detour.

So this is what it looks like when you walk under the bridge. I'd walked along the bridge numerous times, countless times, but never under it.

And this is what greeted me as soon as I walked in: daffodils! They have planted daffodils all over the park. It was very quiet and the nicest surprise was all the birds chirping about. I think it would be a good thing to stop at a park and sit in the sun listening to birds before going to work in the morning. It would certainly be a nice antidote to the deadening effect the train sometimes has. And I imagine it would do wonders to ease the agitation of driving.

The rest of the day was coloured and lightened by my morning detour.

No comments: